Ottoman Sunset (Inglés)
When war in Europe broke out in 1914, the Ottoman Empire, pursuant to super-secret protocols, agreed to provide shelter to the fleeing German Battleship, Goeben, which was renamed Yavuz. After Britain refused to deliver newly ordered Turkish battleships, the Turko-German fleet bombarded Russian forts, signaling the Ottoman Empire's entrance into World War One.
Ottoman Sunset 2nd edition, by designer Darin Leviloff, is a stand-alone solitaire States of SiegeTM game on World War 1 in the Near East from 1914-1918. The player controls the Young Turks (CUP or Committee of Union and Progress) as they try to keep the Ottoman Empire alive amidst the struggles of the Great War.
Despite victories at Kut and Gallipoli, by October 1918, the Turks had about all they could take and surrendered. Can you lead the Ottomans in the Great War and achieve victory where your historical counterparts failed?
What's In The Box?:
• One 24-page, full-color Rules booklet
• One 11" x 17" cardstock game map
• 50 cards
• 57 thick, two-sided, multi-shaped game pieces
• One six-sided die
• One 11" x 17" mounted, jigsaw-cut game map
• One bright red, 9 1/4" x 5 7/8" Standard cardboard VPG game box
• One beautiful box cover sleeve
• One "Wipes-A-Lot" napkin
• One charcoal desiccant packet